The Flint Carriage Town Neighborhood will hold a MINeighborhood Baseline Assessment on Monday, September 21, 2015 at316 Water Street (the Durant Dort Office Building). The agenda is as follows:
Arrival and tour through the district
Current assessment; where the neighborhood currently stands on:
• Communication (social media, newsletter, call-list, meetings, etc.)
• Partnerships (city, state, nonprofits, preservation groups, other neighborhoods, university, etc.)
• Historic Preservation (historic districts, ethic, ability, training, etc.)
• Beautification (flowers, signage, décor)
• Infrastructure (sidewalks and streets, lighting, etc.)
• Home-based businesses
• Target Market Analysis
• Building Inventory (current survey)
• Financial Education
• Review of current projects
12:00pm: Lunch Break
1:00pm: Continuation of current assessment
2:30pm: Visioning based on current assessment and future needs
• Mission & vision review/creation
• Listing of current projects to keep ongoing
• Determination of historic preservation training needs
• Brainstorming of future projects
• Dot survey to determine projects to move forward
• Assignment of project chairs
• Work planning basics
4:30pm: Break and set-up for Reception
• Open to the public
• Opportunity to recruit volunteers for projects determined at the visioning
• Opportunity to capture contact information for neighborhood residents & stakeholders
Entry deadline: Friday, December 12, 2014 Decorating deadline: Wednesday, December 16, 2014 Winners will be contacted by: Friday, December 19, 2014
Eligibility: The contest is free and open only to residents of the Carriage Town Historic Neighborhood.
Contest Rules: All participants are required to have their decorations up by Wednesday, December 16, 2014. Winners must allow CTHNA to take a picture of their decorations to be displayed on our website and Facebook page. For more information please call 810-394-6022.
We have two (2) open positions on the board of the Carriage Town Historic Neighborhood Association. If you live within the boundaries and would like to be a part of changing our neighborhood for the better, planning events, and getting to know more residents, we would love your company and participation! For more information, please contact us for details and duties at firstname.lastname@example.org, or attend our next meeting on the last Wednesday of each month held at the Durant-Dort Carriage Office at 7pm.
Please meet at the Durant-Dort Office Building on Water St. // Bags will be provided, but bring rakes, gloves, and saws for branches. If you have access to a truck or trailer, please bring it along for hauling. // Lunch celebration thanks to Flint River Watershed Coalition in Vietnam Veteran’s Park to follow!
Other Service Dates to Remember May 5-9: Large item pick-up // Must be at curb by 8am Monday May 10: Graffiti Free Day // Contact email@example.com or 810-237-2090 for locations // Paint provided // May 31 if raining May 12-16: Unlimited bagged trash pick-up // Must be at curb by 8am Monday // Under 50 lbs per bag // No chemicals May 17: Tire buy back // $1 each, min 25 // Time and location TBD May 19-23: Unlimited lawn debris pick-up // No trees, stumps, or logs // bundled brush less than 4ft long // put at curb by 8am Mon.